Monday, June 9, 2014

Industry Issues - Mobitel Sri Lanka and SriLankan Airlines Need to Concentrate More on Their Digital Strategy

Yesterday when I was browsing internet with my phone I found a Lankadeepa news link on FB which directed me to Lankadeepa news page. When reading the news I saw an interesting advertisement in my sidebar regarding a free dongle and a sim by Mobitel and SriLankan Airlines  which arouse my curiosity to click.     

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

But when I click I found that the deal has expired, on SriLankan Airlines page which raised me a sudden question Why they are advertising an expired deal?????

Results by clicking the advertisement at the side bar

Then when I returned to Lankadeepa home page I saw the same advertisement appearing on the home page.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
 My curiosity on Digital Marketing led me to click it again where i got a funny result which said that the offer is still available


Results by clicking the advertisement at the top 

 I was very confused about the situation. their poor effort because it is a tragic situation for a digital marketer where you attract the potential customers by a good advertisement appearing, but unable to cater them due to carelessness. Even while writing this post I went there with my PC and checked it again and again where i got the same results.


My opinion 

My opinion on this case is,

  1. Before doing big things marketers should fulfil the basic things which are essential. 
  2. It is important to have continues investigations and keep in touch with your current marketing campaigns. 
  3. Attracting the customers is not enough. digital marketer should be able to convert the attractions in to sales.
Open for your comments......

Like me on facebook https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1419600144985668

No comments:

Post a Comment